AnesthesiaMD

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
One Semester I had a terrible GPA (sub 2.0) and was given an academic warning. I haven't even come close to that since then as it was early in my college career. Does this require me to answer "yes" to the institutional action question on the AMCAS application? No reprimands were given as a result, I just have "academic warning" on my transcript for that semester as a result.

CrepesofWrath

They're delicious.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If it's on your transcript, better safe than sorry.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
10+ Year Member
May 26, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Strongly disagree with the above. I don´t know if it counts, but take the time to find out rather than checking yes to be "safe".

punkindrublic

calls shenanigans
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Check with your premed office, they'll know what to tell you.

ninjapenguin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2008
Status
I wouldn't mention it and just let AAMC review your transcripts against what you enter on your primary application; if they feel it should be mentioned, they'll let you know. There's also the possibility that they could miss it altogether, I've heard many stories of people getting a couple extra A's that weren't on their transcript...

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
I agree with checking with your premed office. Schools can contact your school and request notices with any disciplinary action taken. Whether or not this would show up probably varies by individual school policies.

notdeadyet

Still in California
10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Another vote for checking with your premed office.
I wouldn't mention it and just let AAMC review your transcripts against what you enter on your primary application; if they feel it should be mentioned, they'll let you know.
Bad idea. If AAMC finds a discrepency, it can greatly delay the processing of your application. You don't want this to happen.