Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdcinza13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
For those of you in school, or graduated:

While in dental school, how did you/do you pay for insurance to cover your family. I'm working full time right now, but haven't really seen posts on the insurance aspect of it. I know a lot of people may still be on their parent's insurance, but for those of you with a family/kids, please let me know. I believe some schools have insurance policies that are covered in tuition, but if not, are there outside insurers for medical, dental etc. that are competitive and if so, can you point out some of them. Also, if you sign up for the military, do they cover you w/ insurance as well as the stipend???? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

jdcinza13

Members don't see this ad.

Here at UNC, you can get extra financial aid to cover yourself but you have to just live frugally to cover your family. It can be done though. I know plenty of guys with one or 2, even three kids that dont have any income beyond financial aid.

adamlc18 said:
Here at UNC, you can get extra financial aid to cover yourself but you have to just live frugally to cover your family. It can be done though. I know plenty of guys with one or 2, even three kids that dont have any income beyond financial aid.

tell the wifey to get a job..

Members don't see this ad :)
I've already done that....lol...

does anyone have specifics as to cost???

Here at Nova we have the option of getting insurance from the school, cost is about 1200 a year, i believe it will cover your whole family too, it also included perscription coverages, only upto 500 per year i believe.