Integrated Cardiology Training

Started by LGMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LGMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With the cardiology training being a long one and even longer if you want to do a fellowship (ie: interventional= 3 IM + 3 Card +1-2 Interventional= 8 years), is there a push to go integrated as many of the surgical subspecialties are doing (Like Uro, Neuro, ENT, etc)? I mean, come on 8 years of school is a lot and 8 more of postgraduate training seems overkill. Shoudnt there be an integrated way to do IM fellowships (and I'm not talking of the ABIM research paths)? Thanks
 
A private practice Cariologist told me that he heard many of the programs were going to integrate your choice of interventional, EP, nuc etc. into the 3 year fellowship. I think this makes a lot of sense. Does anyone else know if this is true?