Integrated Plastic in Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DelAGator

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the Integrated Plastic Surguery in Northwestern considered one of the best programs? Who in that department is considered the best plastic surgeon?
What makes a good Plastic Surgery residency?

What are the various types of plastic surgery fellowships? Pediatric, Cranofacial etc?

Members don't see this ad.

You're a pre-med student and you're already looking into plastics programs??

mcindoe said:
You're a pre-med student and you're already looking into plastics programs??

I am thinking about it. However my query is part of an assignment in an elective Im taking. I am researching the paths of various medical careers and how to get there. Since I already have an interest (and a cousin who is a Plastic Surgeon), I decided to do my paper in Plastic Surgery.

:oops:

Northwestern is a great program, 7 years, one of which is required research. The program director is Dr. Mustoe, and Dr. Fine seems to be #2. This does not mean they are the "best" as that is silly and there is no way to rank how good someone is. Similarly, there is no national ranking of top programs, but yes, Northwestern residency is a coveted place in a great city. Most people would consider them a top 10-15 program. They tend to interview people based heavily on medical and undergraduate school prestige (many call them elitist) but they take residents from all types of schools. I interviewed there this year, and I go to a third tier state medical school. Its a great school, great facilities, and great, honest faculty. Hope that helps some. Good luck. :luck: