Integrative Medicine Track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mitch Connor

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I sift through various FM programs I have found a few that offer an integrative medicine track online through a school in Arizona. Sounds kind of interesting but also hokey. Not really sure what all is included in the curriculum as I haven't looked into it in detail. Has anyone been through something similar?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently at one of such programs. The online Curriculum from UofA is...okay. Some of the info is very dense, and it's really what you make of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
As I sift through various FM programs I have found a few that offer an integrative medicine track online through a school in Arizona. Sounds kind of interesting but also hokey. Not really sure what all is included in the curriculum as I haven't looked into it in detail. Has anyone been through something similar?
I'm currently at one of such programs. The online Curriculum from UofA is...okay. Some of the info is very dense, and it's really what you make of it.
What kind of stuff is in the curriculum exactly? I still don't really get what integrative med is I guess.

Maybe I'm the exception but integrative, alternative, functional medicine are huge red flags.

It's very frustrating looking for a doc to hire and finding out they're interested in those, accupuncture or PRP.. Cool theories and very marketable but med schools aren't doing an adequate job at teaching critical thinking.

Now get off my lawn.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe I'm the exception but integrative, alternative, functional medicine are huge red flags.

It's very frustrating looking for a doc to hire and finding out they're interested in those, accupuncture or PRP.. Cool theories and very marketable but med schools aren't doing an adequate job at teaching critical thinking.

Now get off my lawn.

Amen. I’m PM&R and that’s exactly what I think when I hear of PRP.

Reactions: 1 users
"Integrative" medicine means "integrating" sense with nonsense, which makes no sense. Avoid.

Reactions: 1 users
Sounds like the Amway of Family Medicine. You hear about it but don't know what exactly they do.

Reactions: 1 user