Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone tell when the interest accrued on the subsidized and grad plus loans capitalizes on to the principal. Is it quarterly, or when you graduate.
I recently got a statement from sallie mae regarding my accrued interest for the quarter, saying i can choose not to pay the interest now,and that it would capitalize on 5/25/2016 when i graduate, but i've heard other people say is capitalizes quarterly.
if it capitalizes when i graduate, isn't it better to pay off the interest RIGHT BEFORE graduating in 2016, as opposed to paying it off quarterly. I am planning on calling sallie mae on Monday to clarify this, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew more about this in the mean time.
I recently got a statement from sallie mae regarding my accrued interest for the quarter, saying i can choose not to pay the interest now,and that it would capitalize on 5/25/2016 when i graduate, but i've heard other people say is capitalizes quarterly.
if it capitalizes when i graduate, isn't it better to pay off the interest RIGHT BEFORE graduating in 2016, as opposed to paying it off quarterly. I am planning on calling sallie mae on Monday to clarify this, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew more about this in the mean time.