Interested in Anesthesia / Radiology as DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4thtimeretaker

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm deciding between Anesthesia and Radiology and wanted to know if these fields are DO friendly and what scores would be considered competitive (Step 1/2, Level 1/2) for them. Additionally, what other things are absolute must to beef up my CV in order to match. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hypotheticals don’t help. Focus on level 1/step 1 and do your best. If you score >220 then you can entertain the idea. At >230 you’ll have a much better chance

your time is better spent studying for now especially since you’ll have to take two exams instead of one. Better than to stress yourself out for no reason and do poorly on level 1 and skip step

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thank you! Sorry I'm new to this, but do you know if there is a place to search DO friendly programs or see what averages may be at a particular program?
On residency explorer you can input your board scores on your profile and search residency programs, then you can sort them by percentage of DOs in the programs. It will also tell you how competitive you are based on your scores, research, publications etc... using data from people that have matched in past years. It is very current as they update it every year after the match.

Here is the link:

Use your AAMC credentials to login (or create one if your don't have one yet)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
You’ll know more once your step 1 comes back. These are both fields where scores>>>research if that’s what you mean.

Reactions: 2 users