Interested in Anesthesia? You might enjoy my blog posts...

Started by gasspasser
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gasspasser

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an anesthesiologist (UCSF '00) and lately I've been thinking about all the medical TV dramas and movies that inspired me to go into medicine and anesthesia in particular. I've started to rewatch the movies one at a time, and it really interesting how various things stand out to me, now that I'm in the biz. For my blog, I've written up short articles about the movies, and I've tried to pull out real clinical pearls from them as an anesthesiologist. It's a work in progress (two movies so far), but I plan on adding more movie reviews as time goes on.

Anesthesia Flix Fix: Episode One

Anesthesia Flix Fix: Episode Two

Anesthesia Flix Fix: Episode Three

Also, I like to examine weird anesthesia-related news items. My most recent post is about a surgical fire that resulted when a woman farted under general anesthesia while undergoing a laser procedure...

Is It Just Me Or Is It Getting Hot In Here?

Hope you all enjoy it!
 
Last edited:
I'm an anesthesiologist (UCSF '00) and lately I've been thinking about all the medical TV dramas and movies that inspired me to go into medicine and anesthesia in particular. I've started to rewatch the movies one at a time, and it really interesting how various things stand out to me, now that I'm in the biz. For my blog, I've written up short articles about the movies, and I've tried to pull out real clinical pearls from them as an anesthesiologist. It's a work in progress (two movies so far), but I plan on adding more movie reviews as time goes on.

Anesthesia Flix Fix: Episode One

Anesthesia Flix Fix: Episode Two

Also, I like to examine weird anesthesia-related news items. My most recent post is about a surgical fire that resulted when a woman farted under general anesthesia while undergoing a laser procedure...

Is It Just Me Or Is It Getting Hot In Here?

Hope you all enjoy it!
Entertaining, well done! 🙂

Any relation to Hollywood Anesthesia?