Interested In HPSP, please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Destiny11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am interested in the 4 year Air Force HPSP, and I am applying to dental schools this summer.
Here is my situation. My overall GPA is ~3.0, science GPA <3.0.

1) What specific documents do I need to get ready to apply?
- transcripts from each school
- proof of citizenship
- letters of recommendation (from whom and how many?)
- statement of intent (what's the prompt?)
- what am I missing?
2) What are my chances and how many scholarships are available?
3) How does it work applying with a graduate degree?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If I were you I would get in contact with a recruiter now. Seriously, the process is very long. They will provide all you need to know to apply. A huge part of it is just doing the physical and the security background check....call them up and ask for an appointment...that's the best advice I can give you.

Hello,

I am interested in the 4 year Air Force HPSP, and I am applying to dental schools this summer.
Here is my situation. My overall GPA is ~3.0, science GPA <3.0, but I do have a Master's degree in a science discipline with a graduate GPA >3.6. I will be taking the DAT this summer as well.

1) What specific documents do I need to get ready to apply?
- transcripts from each (graduate included) school
- proof of citizenship
- letters of recommendation (from whom and how many?)- You just need 3 recs from anybody. But your recruiter should advise you to use academic professors to be more competitive. I used the same ones I used for dental school.
- statement of intent (what's the prompt?)- You have to fill out a couple tedious applications, which your recruiter will give you. The prompt will be there. It's only like 500 words or so.
- what am I missing?- You have to have all your work history from the past 7 years so get that lined up.
- You have to have any medical records (surgery, disease, hospital records )forwarded to your recruiter
2) What are my chances and how many scholarships are available?- I'm not sure if people get completely denied. The 4 year scholarship with stipend is what's so competitive. I'm not sure about the 3 year.
3) How does it work applying with a graduate degree?- Not sure

Thanks!
Find your nearest recruiter. They will most the work for you. You just need to do what he/ she says and forward him/ her all the required documents