Interested in Ophthalmology but doing Optometry Research?

Started by tammyp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tammyp

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I'm an MS-1 and I'm really interested in ophthalmology. I'm trying to get involved with research over the summer but I'm finding that I'm more interested in public health research projects. I might be able to work with an optometrist on a public health project in regards to aging eye disease and I'm very excited but I'm concerned that it might be frowned upon come applying to residency. Do you guys think it would work against me working with an optometrist on research?
 
don't invest your time poorly. why not just do it with an ophtho doc? miss out on all the connections and strong letters but would still have to do the work. i would just find another project