Interested in Pharmacy...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rustyshackle0

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a community college student and I just got accepted into UCLA as a Poli Sci major. I'm interested in going to Pharmacy school, but my problem is that I'm not majoring in science.

My GPA isnt that great either, it's a 3.2 and I already have one D. The D is in Precalc, and when I retook the course I got a C. Thankfully I'll be passing Calc 1 this semester with either a C or a B (hopefully).

I haven't started on any of the science requirements for Pharmacy yet, is it possible to complete these at community college while I'm concurrently taking classes at UCLA? Is it even possible to get into Pharmacy school as a Poli Sci major?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it is. Read the FAQ section or order the SDN Pharmacy Admissions guide and you will be on your way.

I doubt that UCLA, or any university for that matter, will let you take community college classes at the same time you are taking classes at their campus unless it's something they don't offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah you can do that, shouldn't really matter if it transfer to the university or not since you are applying to pharmacy school and not working toward a science degree.

I am an junior at UCLA now and they do not allow concurrent enrollment during Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters. Furthermore, I wouldn't do it because all the work will make your brain hurt. =]

Here's the link about concurrent enrollment in case you were wondering: http://www.admissions.ucla.edu/transfer_credit/concur.htm

Lol, they don't have to know that I'm taking classes elsewhere do they?

Its not like I'm taking the courses to transfer towards my degree...

If you try this, I believe you'll find that the science courses will require your full attention in order for you to get decent grades in the classes and retain the knowledge. How many hours are you talking about taking?

Yeah its obviously not going to be a cakewalk
I plan on taking 1 or 2 science courses each semester.