Interested in psych

Started by drwild111
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drwild111

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have recently got accepted into a DO program and I am interested in pursuing psych in residency. I have two job offers before I matriculate in August, one as a psych tech for the VA and one as a Med tech doing covid tests. The Med tech pays substantially more. Would the VA job show interest in psych or have a negligible effect? I have two years as a psych tech already.
 
Can’t imagine this would matter whatsoever for residency. Taking the money and doing something related to the world-defining pandemic we are living through seems like the move.
 
Not going to have any substantial impact. If you don't have to, I would chill out to the max before med school starts.