Interesting client

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biomom

Reaction score
removed for privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow, a dual relationship with oneself. Anyone teaching ethics will want to use this vignette.

I'd definitely try to assess whether the report has any useful information, whether you still require more valid testing, and whether this is an example of problems in this person's life. Is this sort of thing in line with other problems in the person's life? You said OCD but the length and quality of this report (as well as the task in itself) makes me think perfectionism or OCPD, and are those behaviors causing this person problems? All this is a shot in the dark at the moment,

Reactions: 7 users
The Report definitely has useful information. She provided a strong narrative that talked about some issues we have not discussed.Her “testing” offered up rule out a rule-out diagnosis. Her manner did strike me. She had rapid speech and an elevated mood. I asked her about sleep because this is not the first time I’ve seen this. She had been sleeping 4 hours a night. I’m wondering about hypomania? This individual is also a perfectionist about her crafting projects etc but I don’t see a lot of OCPD. I’ll have to think on that one.

Wow, a dual relationship with oneself. Anyone teaching ethics will want to use this vignette.

I'd definitely try to assess whether the report has any useful information, whether you still require more valid testing, and whether this is an example of problems in this person's life. Is this sort of thing in line with other problems in the person's life? You said OCD but the length and quality of this report (as well as the task in itself) makes me think perfectionism or OCPD, and are those behaviors causing this person problems? All this is a shot in the dark at the moment,

Members don't see this ad :)
One of the most fascinating parts of the report was treatment recommendations she made for herself. She specifically came up with very appropriate things for us to work on as well as books to read and an online support group to join. In many ways, she helped herself.

One of the most fascinating parts of the report was treatment recommendations she made for herself. She specifically came up with very appropriate things for us to work on as well as books to read and an online support group to join. In many ways, she helped herself.
Yes, but the more I do this (and interact with people in non-clinical settings, including myself!) the more I come to see the verbal behaivors (e.g., stating what needs to be) is not the hard part. It's the actual doing it part that is hard.

Does this person really believe that those test results are valid? It would be questionably valid (and most likely not valid at all) even for someone else to administer to and interpret results from someone who has training and experience in administering them, as they not only would know the answers, but also how to respond in specific ways to produce certain outcomes.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, but the more I do this (and interact with people in non-clinical settings, including myself!) the more I come to see the verbal behaivors (e.g., stating what needs to be) is not the hard part. It's the actual doing it part that is hard.

Does this person really believe that those test results are valid? It would be questionably valid (and most likely not valid at all) even for someone else to administer to and interpret results from someone who has training and experience in administering them, as they not only would know the answers, but also how to respond in specific ways to produce certain outcomes.
As an aside, I always appreciate your use of behavior analytic language! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Remember those myspace quizzes? This is a the grown up version of that. I'd treat the eval as a projective exercise or self authoring.

Reactions: 1 user
As my old advisor would say, just more grist for the mill...

Reactions: 1 users