Interesting EC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UncreativeGenius

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I'm planning to volunteer with an organization called Angel Flight West which provides free non-emergency medical flights for people with serious medical conditions and financial need.

I'll be driving people to and from their flights, helping to coordinate missions, and reaching out to hospitals to let them know about the organization.

Will this experience, plus 200+ hrs volunteering in a County Hospital ED, plus being a CPR instructor, plus 100+ shadowing hours, plus being a 4-yr Marine Corps vet, be enough as far as ECs go to make me competitive and interesting? Or is there a base I haven't covered?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

So I'm planning to volunteer with an organization called Angel Flight West which provides free non-emergency medical flights for people with serious medical conditions and financial need.

I'll be driving people to and from their flights, helping to coordinate missions, and reaching out to hospitals to let them know about the organization.

Will this experience, plus 200+ hrs volunteering in a County Hospital ED, plus being a CPR instructor, plus 100+ shadowing hours, plus being a 4-yr Marine Corps vet, be enough as far as ECs go to make me competitive and interesting? Or is there a base I haven't covered?

Thanks in advance!

The vet status would have been enough lol. Yea you're definitely fine. Frankly might serve you better if this role had you in a clinical setting more so than being a driver but you already had that covered with the County ED time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with everyone above! The vet status alone is looked highly upon!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate it, guys! I guess I'll just put "vet" at the top of my app and wait haha.

If you challenge your interviewer to a pull-up contest, you'll get in. And if you are victorious, they'll auto enroll you in the ortho track.

Reactions: 1 user