Interesting Information

Started by exPCM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

exPCM

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The ABP newsletter has the board pass/fail statistics - see link.
It does not look like there is a stampede of people taking the chemistry boards.

http://www.abpath.org/200701newsltr.htm

At this time, it does not look like they have posted any newsletters since the January 2007 edition.
 
I think there are only 3-4 accredited chem fellowships, that's the major reason i would think.

I worry about that Boards pass rate. I feel like they will want to get it lower for this coming year and make the test a lot harder. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just checked out those stats again.

Is it true that 2/3 of all residents do a heme fellowship? (412 new heme takers verusus approximately 600 new ap/cp takers). How can that be?
 
OK I figured it out. The fellowship figures are for 5 years of testing 2002-2006.

Wow so only three people have taken the chem boards in 5 years. That puts you in a real elite club.
 
OK I figured it out. The fellowship figures are for 5 years of testing 2002-2006.

Wow so only three people have taken the chem boards in 5 years. That puts you in a real elite club.

They are worthless is why...Chemistry boards are as ill conceived as the tiger cages in the SF zoo....