interesting interview question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friend told me at his interview(nameless) that they asked him what type of people he doesn't like? How would you answer that without sounding a little racist?

Thought that was kind of a damn if you do or damn if you don't answer the question?

Members don't see this ad.

I would think that the interviewer probably meant what "personality type" of people. Heh, although it would be a tid bit crazy if the applicant answered with racial preferences in mind.

I'd answer that I sometimes have trouble with people who have type-B personalities, especially when it comes to academics. I'm the type that likes to get in, get done, and do it well.

I was asked this exact same question! I just said that I dont like people who look out for themselves, and dont help others when they are more than capable. And believe me, I know quite a few people like this.

Its got nothing to do with race and everything to do with personality, like how Gavin mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

You should probably say something like how you like being around people like yourself. Someone that is happy, motivated, helpful, and looking to make a difference on the lives of people around them in a positive way.

Jess

I have a difficult time answering the question as phrased because the word "like" has so many connotations. For instance if I say that I do not like someone does that infer that I hate that person or that I just prefer to be around others when possible. I can tell you that I would not opt to have a working relationship with someone who could not always be direct and truthful.