Interesting job posting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhotonBomb

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interesting Tinder angle. Essentially they are saying “DTF or not? If not swipe left”, need not apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could have used some pointers from the practice in Dallas

Reactions: 1 user
Funny posting, but super legit job and great group from the looks of it

I personally know several people in this group. They are very talented and very driven. One of the best areas of the country to live in. Scripps, UCSD, and Sharp are the three health systems that have carved up San Diego - all smaller practice have been eaten. Since this group is part of the big three, I think it is a stable situation and I agree they will have to beat of applicants with a stick.

I personally know several people in this group. They are very talented and very driven. One of the best areas of the country to live in. Scripps, UCSD, and Sharp are the three health systems that have carved up San Diego - all smaller practice have been eaten. Since this group is part of the big three, I think it is a stable situation and I agree they will have to beat of applicants with a stick.

It’s UCSF South

Reactions: 3 users
They're bucking the trend and going for the 'cool millenial' style hiring pitch. I like it.

Must be for those pesky younger millennials nobody can stand!

As an elder millennial, I don’t want no part of this! Give me spicy biryani over avocado toast any day and stay off my grass!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure its a good group and great people, but that ad is embarrassing. Not only due to the lack of professionalism, but because it's several years behind the times. They should have mentioned "dabbing." Probably just got some bad advice.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sure its a good group and great people, but that ad is embarrassing. Not only due to the lack of professionalism, but because it's several years behind the times. They should have mentioned "dabbing." Probably just got some bad advice.

In the end in this environment, is that really going to stop anyone from applying?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I applaud this group for openly posting an ad for what looks like a great position in a great location instead of doing the whole word of mouth and secret hand shake club thing.

Reactions: 4 users
Was not a big fan of the Dallas posting but I kinda like this one.

• Haha
I applaud this group for openly posting an ad for what looks like a great position in a great location instead of doing the whole word of mouth and secret hand shake club thing.

secret handshake/WOM, elitism stuff in our field is one of worst things about our field, IMO. Absolutely, I appreciate the transparency.

secret handshake/WOM, elitism stuff in our field is one of worst things about our field, IMO. Absolutely, I appreciate the transparency.

If you think that finding a job through networking is unique to rad onc or even medicine, you got a lot of life learning to do. If anything job hunting in medicine in general is less about networking and social connections than it is in law, business etc

• Haha

As true as that is, if it's really a good job they will probably get >200 applications and pick someone who's already connected to the group anyway.

Sorry to be the one to pour cold water here. This has just been my experience with good job ads.

Whether the gig is really a quality opportunity I have no idea. San Diego always seemed like the hot spot of partnership tracks gone wrong.

If you think that finding a job through networking is unique to rad onc or even medicine, you got a lot of life learning to do. If anything job hunting in medicine in general is less about networking and social connections than it is in law, business etc

Reasonable people can disagree. The extent that people believe elitism and connections are an amplified problem in our very small little mobility field, surely varies. What is clear to me is that the people are ready for a revolution. When the pitchforks come, The choice will be for or against. Maybe a time to start thinking which side you'd be on.

As true as that is, if it's really a good job they will probably get >200 applications and pick someone who's already connected to the group anyway.

Sorry to be the one to pour cold water here. This has just been my experience with good job ads.

Whether the gig is really a quality opportunity I have no idea. San Diego always seemed like the hot spot of partnership tracks gone wrong.
Wouldn't those numbers be lessened as most PGY5's already have jobs at this point? Can't imagine there's >200 currently employed physicians vying to pick up and move...

For sure most won't have a shot at landing a job like this. I'm guessing they had to post it because they are looking for a great and very personable rad onc who is also fluent in Spanish (reading between the lines). Rad onc has a huge problem with the whole elitism and WOM thing. Much more so then just about any other medical specialty except maybe pathology. This is a reflection of the over supply of Rad Oncs. Only in Rad Onc and pathology do you have to network your way into private practice positions in third tier cities.

It may be a great job, definitely great location but definitely not feeling the ad. I’m sure they will get their choice of applicants. Honestly, they could have put on there, expect to work for free for 5 yrs and I’m sure people will apply.

Sad world we’re in!

• Love
Weird ad but great location, practice, and staff. As someone mentioned above, it's this group, UCSD, and Scripps in SD and they have been stable for years. Can't go wrong here...