Interesting medical articles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdgator

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading through another thread, and I had to open several windows b/c people kept posting links to articles that I wanted to read. I thought maybe we could have a thread for this...maybe even a sticky? Feel free to include interesting blog entries, newspaper/magazine articles, books...whatever. You don't necessarily have to have a link, just let us know it's out there...give a brief description so we can decide if it's something we're interested in reading.

I'll start. http://www.nejmjobs.org/career-resources/physician-compensation-trends.aspx
Talks about how, based on recent trends, the financial outlook for primary care physicians may not be so bleak, after all.

Members don't see this ad.

I was reading through another thread, and I had to open several windows b/c people kept posting links to articles that I wanted to read. I thought maybe we could have a thread for this...maybe even a sticky? Feel free to include interesting blog entries, newspaper/magazine articles, books...whatever. You don't necessarily have to have a link, just let us know it's out there...give a brief description so we can decide if it's something we're interested in reading.

I'll start. http://www.nejmjobs.org/career-resources/physician-compensation-trends.aspx
Talks about how, based on recent trends, the financial outlook for primary care physicians may not be so bleak, after all.

I'm not surprised at all, the medical profession follows the laws of the economy. The less primary physicians there are, the higher their demand, the more hospitals are willing to pay for their services. Given the low number of medical school graduates who are specializing in primary care, hospitals are having to pay more to attract primary physicians, especially in the midwest. It's all supply and demand.