Interesting read

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

wxman393

http://seekingalpha.com/article/346...l-schools-potentially-sink-into-the-caribbean

Just came across this article and wanted to see if anyone had a chance to read it. Disclaimer: I am at a USDO school but have family that graduated from the Caribbean and have successful practices.

@Skip Intro, interested in your thoughts.

Edit: autocorrect

Members don't see this ad.

What is "seekingalpha"? A blog?

But, generally speaking...

"It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. But that's not the case anymore. Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything."
-Stephen Colbert

And, the "article" has been removed.

-Skip

What is "seekingalpha"? A blog?

But, generally speaking...

"It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. But that's not the case anymore. Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything."
-Stephen Colbert

And, the "article" has been removed.

-Skip

No idea. It popped up in one of my feeds. Looks like the author removed it because of some "errors". I didn't know that De Vry had more than one medical school in the Caribbean. Thought it was interesting if all of the presented data were correct.

Thought it was interesting if all of the presented data were correct.

The article was about the "gainful employment" regulation in order to continue to meet requirements for Title IV funding. Ross University School of Medicine will satisfy this requirement, much to the chagrin of many regulators, and Ross School Veterinary Medicine will likely adjust their tuition to comply.

The author's analysis was incorrect, and hence the the article was retracted.

You are absolutely correct and I got this wrong. I'm surprised by how big of a mistake I made when I misread the regulations, but it happened. I will email seeking alpha to remove this article. My apologies.

Kudos to him for acknowledging his error.

-Skip