Interesting Twitter Conversation about Mental Health

Started by MrsM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MrsM

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you see the Twitter conversation that occurred on August 11th for mental health professionals from counseling clients? If you are on Twitter, you should take a look at #DearMentalHealthProfessionals

This can be something to remember as you travel your counseling career paths.

--MrsM, LPC, NCC
 
Last edited:
OK. Yes I did check it out. Sadly, there are people out there practicing who should not be in the profession. Bad therapy is an oxmoron and harmful. Terrible that people suffer from incompetence or arrogance or the "system". Just like any bell curve there are going to be some really awful instances. I think it is most important to be sincere within the profession and do a good job. People go into the field for many reasons and not all of them are positive. Personally, I just try to be the best human being I can every day.

Cydpsyche