1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Interfolio and Form Letters

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by KeyLime, Jul 26, 2006.

1. KeyLime

10+ Year Member

Hello,

I am using Interfolio for my science and non-sciences letters of recommendation. My advisor just told me that some schools have a form that needs to accompany the letter of recommendation. Is this some sort of evaluation form. Does anybody have experience with this? I was hoping that my letter writers would be able to upload their letter one time into Interfolio, and that would be the end of it. The purpose of using Interfolio will be gone if I still have to bother my recommenders everytime I send an LOR to a school.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Soccer885

Soccer885 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am also using Interfolio. My expereince is that some schools do have forms for people to fill out but they are used in place of a letter of rec. In other words: no lor, you need to use the forms they provide. This has been my understanding. Other people might have something more helpful, or more first hand experience with it.

4. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    LECOM-PA had a form but the application packet said you could use a recommendation letter instead. I used interfolio and got an interview invite at LECOM-PA.