interfolio friendly schools :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.kicia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In about a moth from now i plan on gathering all my LORs (we all know how rediculously loooooong it takes for the wrighters to prepare the LORs and i want to have them ready BEFORE june 1 so i won't find myself stuck in the middle of applying).
I emailed couple of schools i plan to apply to but i thought that good old SND would be faster in finding this out.
So of those of you who applied this cycle and used interfolio, please list the schools which are interfolio friendly.
Also did you use the generic LOR forms provided by the school or your LORs were just regular letters?
Thanks in advance.:D

Members don't see this ad.

I posted the exact question and got one response a couple of days ago. I already signed up and paid the $15 for interfolio. I browsed some of the schools websites and I know KCUMB says that a letter sent via LOR company will not be considered. Other than that, all I could find from other schools was that they request the letters have official letter head and to be sent directly to the school. By "directly" though, my intrepretation is that they would be ok with interfolio. I dunno though, its kind of a confusing process huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
I used interfolio for every school i applied to. I had no problems with any of the schools regarding accepting interfolio. If i could, i would like to HIGHLY recommend using Interfolio because not only do they ease the entire process and give you some level of control, but they also VERY NICELY and professionally package your letters.

GOOD LUCK!

I used interfolio for every school i applied to. I had no problems with any of the schools regarding accepting interfolio. If i could, i would like to HIGHLY recommend using Interfolio because not only do they ease the entire process and give you some level of control, but they also VERY NICELY and professionally package your letters.

GOOD LUCK!
would you mind listing the schools
and thanks for your info.

Keep it comming guys:D

I used interfolio for all the DO schools I applied to this year - (NYCOM, NSUCOM, UNECOM, TOURO-MI, TOURO-NY, PCOM, CCOM and UMDNJ-SOM). The only problem I had was with PCOM. However a quick call to interfolio customer support (who are great btw!) resolved that situation. They faxed my LORs directly to PCOM instead of re-mailing it.

I used interfolio for all the DO schools I applied to this year - (NYCOM, NSUCOM, UNECOM, TOURO-MI, TOURO-NY, PCOM, CCOM and UMDNJ-SOM). The only problem I had was with PCOM. However a quick call to interfolio customer support (who are great btw!) resolved that situation. They faxed my LORs directly to PCOM instead of re-mailing it.

very bizarre, my interfolio packet that arrived to pcom was personally okay'd by the admission counselor.

She even reviewed the contents to make sure that one of the LOR's was from the department chair and gave me the :thumbup: on my packet

I browsed some of the schools websites and I know KCUMB says that a letter sent via LOR company will not be considered.

Unless KCUMB just changed this policy I believe they take Interfolio. I"m a 2011 applicant and was accepted, while all my letters were sent via Interfolio.

It is extremely helpful if you are like me and your undergrad doesn't provide this service. I had only I problem, and what I wish I would have known ahead of time is that if a letter is not posted as received in your file within 10 days of being mailed then it must be lost, and you need to have your recommender resend or fax the letter. This happened with 2 of my letters. Not sure who to blame...USPS or Interfolio. :mad: But overall very much worth it. Trust me you can't put a price on any reduction in stress during this process!! :laugh:

used interfolio for LECOM-PA, PCOM, UMDNJSOM, UNECOM, and NYCOM. Received interviews at all places.

PCOM required a letter from the dean or my acdemic advisor.

confirm with schoools just to be sure. read their website or call.

I posted the exact question and got one response a couple of days ago. I already signed up and paid the $15 for interfolio. I browsed some of the schools websites and I know KCUMB says that a letter sent via LOR company will not be considered. Other than that, all I could find from other schools was that they request the letters have official letter head and to be sent directly to the school. By "directly" though, my intrepretation is that they would be ok with interfolio. I dunno though, its kind of a confusing process huh?

i just paid $45; I hope it's worth it. But I did it mostly because I'm not applying this year and wanted my professors to write the LORs now. I also hope to use it for LOR for jobs before med school.

Can we have our transcripts from multiple schools sent here?

used interfolio for LECOM-PA, PCOM, UMDNJSOM, UNECOM, and NYCOM. Received interviews at all places.

PCOM required a letter from the dean or my acdemic advisor.

confirm with schoools just to be sure. read their website or call.

So we can send LOR from interfolio to NYCOM? That would be cool because I'm definitely applying there.

i just paid $45; I hope it's worth it. But I did it mostly because I'm not applying this year and wanted my professors to write the LORs now. I also hope to use it for LOR for jobs before med school.

Can we have our transcripts from multiple schools sent here?

yes. Then you would select which LORs you want to send to a med school. You may change which LORs you want to send with each mailing.

So we can send LOR from interfolio to NYCOM? That would be cool because I'm definitely applying there.

It worked for me. I called to confirm though as should you.

http://iris.nyit.edu/nycom/Admissions_DO_Program.htm

Pre-professional evaluation forms should be completed and sent directly to the college by the applicant's college pre-professional committee. Applicants may substitute evaluations from no less than three faculty members, two of whom teach sciences, if their college lacks a pre-professional committee.

A personal evaluation by an osteopathic physician, although not required, is strongly recommended.

since there were no replies on the thread i started
i figure i might ask the question here.....

Do I need to have every school I am applying to send me their
letter head and give those to my professors or can I just ask
my professor's for a LOR and have them send it to interfolio? Does
my school have sepearte letter heads that i need to get or do
my profs already have this "letter head?"

I want to ask my profs for LOR's now but i want to know about the
whole letter head situation....before i ask them.

since there were no replies on the thread i started
i figure i might ask the question here.....

Do I need to have every school I am applying to send me their
letter head and give those to my professors or can I just ask
my professor's for a LOR and have them send it to interfolio? Does
my school have sepearte letter heads that i need to get or do
my profs already have this "letter head?"

I want to ask my profs for LOR's now but i want to know about the
whole letter head situation....before i ask them.

I don't see any reason why you would need to get the letterhead from each school you're applying to. When you ask for LOR just ask that it be on the schools letterhead and they should either have it or be able to get it.

I don't see any reason why you would need to get the letterhead from each school you're applying to. When you ask for LOR just ask that it be on the schools letterhead and they should either have it or be able to get it.

Yes. The Prof or doctor you request the LOR from should use a letterhead from their own institution, office, etc.

Thanks for clearing that up!