Interfolio Special Offer Code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SydSing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used Interfolio for one of my AMCAS letters last year and need it again for a scholarship opportunity this year. Anyway, was looking for a code online and came by this...

Dossier and Search-Management Services Available through the...

The important information from the article is as follows:

"To create your free Interfolio dossier account, register using the special offer code “mla2016.” If you are renewing an existing dossier account, use the special offer code “mlarenew16.”

I used the former one and it renewed my account with no fuss (instead of me paying $19 for a year). Not sure if the latter will work. Anyway, figured it was worth posting. Someone may need it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 16 users
No freaking way, that code actually works. Thanks, @SydSing

Last edited:
Glad I haven't purchased it yet. No fuss sign up with the code. Signed up for a new account.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Interfolio for one of my AMCAS letters last year and need it again for a scholarship opportunity this year. Anyway, was looking for a code online and came by this...

"To create your free Interfolio dossier account, register using the special offer code “mla2016.” If you are renewing an existing dossier account, use the special offer code “mlarenew16.”

I used the former one and it renewed my account with no fuss (instead of me paying $19 for a year). Not sure if the latter will work. Anyway, figured it was worth posting. Someone may need it.

Thanks so much!!! Was a money saver for sure :)

Tha

Reactions: 1 user
omg this totally works. thank you so much!!

So glad this thread got bumped! was just getting ready to renew in the next few days

Thank you @SydSing !!

Oh wow thank you!

this is sweet thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a way to renew without putting in my credit card info?

Already accepted to med school and still helping the people. Bless you.

Reactions: 3 users
is there a way to renew without putting in my credit card info?

I don't recall putting mine in but maybe I did. It's not a recurring charge so not sure why they need it. :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks a bunch! Now to learn how to use it.

wondering the same thing, I don't see a spot to put in the renew code, just a place to input my card info.

I emailed them about this and they were able to renew my account without credit card info. They asked for the code over email.

I think you still need to pay for them to deliver your materials.

Does anyone know why they're making you pay like $48 dollars to ship out your letters for the entire year? I literally need to send out three letters..why do I need to spend fifty bucks on that.

Does anyone know why they're making you pay like $48 dollars to ship out your letters for the entire year? I literally need to send out three letters..why do I need to spend fifty bucks on that.

I was charged 6 dollars for them to sent 5 letters. I sent out my letters about a month and a half ago, idk if there have been changes in their delivery policies since then.

I was charges 6 dollars for them to sent 5 dollars. I sent out my letters about a month and a half ago, idk if there have been changes in their delivery policies since then.
Yeah it literally happened last week :( Such a rip-off!

Nope, but you can check their website "Starting July 18th all accounts will be free. When you're ready to send deliveries to academic opportunities, you will be able to upgrade to a flat annual subscription of $48, which covers 50 electronic and mail deliveries"

So does mean you purchase $48 for 50 deliveries, but they don't sell the deliveries individually?

That sucks for us applicants...if we utilized AMCAS letter service we probably needed only up to 10 deliveries.

So does mean you purchase $48 for 50 deliveries, but they don't sell the deliveries individually?

That sucks for us applicants...if we utilized AMCAS letter service we probably needed only up to 10 deliveries.
Apparently not :/

I believe this is correct.

This code is therefore no longer helpful (since a couple weeks ago) and Interfolio seems like a huge rip-off for applicants now.

Sorry, friends.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They framed it as "We're making Interfolio more affordable", those jerks :p
What changed is they don't have an annual fee. So you can keep your letters in there for as long as you want, but if you need to send a single one, you'll have to pay for a year of service to send them out (up to 50 within a year).

I signed up a few months ago with the $19/yr annual fee, which they just applied to my $50 *new* annual fee.

I went with Interfolio over straight up AAMC because I figured I might want to re-use letters later.

Anyone have any experience with how long it takes to get the letters from Interfolio to AMCAS? Just submitted now...