Interfolio vs Regular mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charles_Darwin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey team,

About a week ago UPenn let me know that one of my LORs didn't have a signature. They said to just have the professor email the letter with a signature directly.

I freaked out and SDN told me to ask all my other schools if they needed a signed copy as well. Some replied it doesn't matter, some said yes. About 9 said they want them mailed to their physical addresses.

Should I ask my professor to send those letters out by mail individually with my AADSAS ID and everything? Or, should I have him upload it to Interfolio and send the letters out by them so I don't have to worry about whether he sent them all to the correct addresses and everything?

I'm just concerned whether Interfolio is useful/safe/reliable for this kind of situation. Does anyone else have experience using them to mail out physical letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey team,

About a week ago UPenn let me know that one of my LORs didn't have a signature. They said to just have the professor email the letter with a signature directly.

I freaked out and SDN told me to ask all my other schools if they needed a signed copy as well. Some replied it doesn't matter, some said yes. About 9 said they want them mailed to their physical addresses.

Should I ask my professor to send those letters out by mail individually with my AADSAS ID and everything? Or, should I have him upload it to Interfolio and send the letters out by them so I don't have to worry about whether he sent them all to the correct addresses and everything?

I'm just concerned whether Interfolio is useful/safe/reliable for this kind of situation. Does anyone else have experience using them to mail out physical letters?
Interfolio is safe and reliable. It's how I've sent all of mine (4 from aadsas and 1 more to the schools by email that would take an extra). I'd recommend calling the schools and telling them about interfolio and what it is but they've probably heard of it. And ask them if you can have interfolio deliver the letter by email. It will be much faster. Most will say yes from my experience. Also just know it will cost $6 per school you are sending it too.

If you don't want to go this route, then you should address and stamp all the envelopes as well as include any ID info you'd need to have delivered with it. And then give the envelopes to your letter writer so all he/she has to do is print and then fill and drop off at the post office.

Reactions: 1 user