Intern before matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cuddlefish78

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted to pharmacy school in my home state for the class of 2018. They have told me to get my intern license asap. I am wondering if I can get an intern job before classes start in August. Everything I have read says I just need to be accepted into a program and be licensed to start interning but I can't start counting hours toward those required until I finish my first term. Has anybody started interning before starting their first term of pharmacy school? I am in Washington state btw.
 
I'm interning and just finished my first semester. Before I got my license I was still a tech. Recieved my license in October then was changed to intern.

But you have to have your license first.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just wondering about interning before actually starting pharmacy classes next fall.
You can intern whenever you have your license in your hand. As far as I know you usually don't get it until after you start school. September or October.
 
Thanks. My school told me to apply for it asap. I will get my app out this week. I would like to start this summer but we will see if that is even possible
 
They just want you to get the license- probably for rotations. Some states require intern licenses even for rotations.