intern exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cali2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, have you heard about the intern exam in mid Oct? What is it about? How do we prepare for it? Any input? Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Study everything. Sabiston's, Cecil's, Harrison's, Harriet Lane, and any other named book you can find.
And once you find out the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground, stop caring.

Obviously McNinja is having a bad day.

The exam you refer to is the Internal Medicine Inservice Exam. One of the mods has posted a FAQ here. The exam is intended as a low stakes exam designed to allow residents to assess their medical knowledge (as measured by a MCQ exam) and for programs to assess their overall performance. However, as you can discover by searching on this forum, many of my Sith breathren seem to use it to develop Dark Side of the Force abilities that many consider unnatural.

Your best study guide is one of the board review books, usually MKSAP or MedStudy, although there are many other good ones out there. Then again, I encourage my interns not to study for it, so they see where their knowledge is without artifical enhancement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh, I just assumed he was talking about the one on Grey's. If he hasn't heard about it from his actual program yet, then I wouldn't hold my breath that he is supposed to be taking it (IE, prelim or something else).
In which case, I still wouldn't be taking it.

haha. we took the anesthesia in-service the second week of residency. it was fun!!

I am doing TY, and I was told by our program that we need to take inservice exam for medicine as well. I was wondeing if anyone else in TY have to take inservice exams as well. Is mandatory for TY to take ABIM inservice exams.