Intern Hours vs. Tech Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GatorRxGirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this is going to be different in every state, but in FL if you get the intern license and are technically on the payroll as a tech do these hours go toward the internship hours? The hospital I work at doesn't have an "intern" spot but the boss said she'd keep me on as a tech and told me to get my intern license when I start classes next month. How does this all work???
 
GatorRxGirl said:
I know this is going to be different in every state, but in FL if you get the intern license and are technically on the payroll as a tech do these hours go toward the internship hours? The hospital I work at doesn't have an "intern" spot but the boss said she'd keep me on as a tech and told me to get my intern license when I start classes next month. How does this all work???

I live in Texas and you can only count your hours as an intern when you're doing a rotation. I am in intern for Wal-Mart, but those hours do not count towards my hours for the State Board. I just finished my rotation at Walgreens and those hours counted....and I also didn't get paid. I'm pretty sure Florida would be the same way, but maybe someone else can help you more with your question.