intern license process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pcmanla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi.. is there any one who is going to apply for an intern license?
i have a part of intern application which school mailed out and the rest of it which i downloaded.. i am a little confused of instruction.
School said i need to return completed application on the firstday of orientation.
do i just fill it out, then bring it? or do i have to take my fingerprint scanning before i bring application packet on the first day of school?.. what's mean by the completed application?

Members don't see this ad.

hi.. is there any one who is going to apply for an intern license?
i have a part of intern application which school mailed out and the rest of it which i downloaded.. i am a little confused of instruction.
School said i need to return completed application on the firstday of orientation.
do i just fill it out, then bring it? or do i have to take my fingerprint scanning before i bring application packet on the first day of school?.. what's mean by the completed application?

My guess is that it would be different from state to state. In Colorado you have to complete the intern application and send it into the state board of pharmacy, along with proof that you have been accepted into pharmacy school and a fee of $70.

In Arizona, it is the same process but you need to show proof that you are enrolled in a pharmacy program and you have had to sit through one day of pharmacy school to get your intern license.

Check with the state board. The school might be having you turn it into them so they can send proof you are enrolled, or they might be able to get it processed faster.....(It seems like Colorado has the slowest state board)

thanks for your quick advice... i am in California..
what about fingerprint scanning?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your quick advice... i am in California..
what about fingerprint scanning?

uhh....not sure about Cali. The only time I had to get my fingerprint scanned was to clock in and out of work. Maybe some of the others can chime in.

Finger print scanning will probably be done at your local FBI or Department of Public Safety office. They scan your prints, then store them in a database. Basically, so you can get caught when you do bad stuff :smuggrin: or be proven innocent if they find someone else's prints as evidence:D.
Call your school or the Board of Pharmacy for California and find out where you need to get your finger prints done. They should know.