Intern Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tarmuk14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I live in Pennsylvania and I'm currently in my 5th semester of undergrad and I've recently been accepted to an in-state pharmacy school. I'm a retail tech too. Should I wait till school starts (fall 2017) to apply for an intern license or should I apply now?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Your school will inform you when you can apply. One of requirement to apply for licensed is enrolled in pharmacy school. So I think you have to wait until you start school. This procedure varies state by state so contact your school.

For us, we had to wait until August (the first month of actual Pharmacy School) to begin applying for our intern license. Got it in the mail 2-4 weeks later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for mine in PA right when I started pharmacy school in my first professional year. I worked as a tech in a hospital and my title never changed but I was able to count that towards my intern hours.

I contacted the dean and i was told to wait till school starts to apply ): i was looking forward to being promoted soon but it looks like i'll have to wait several months

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile