Intern year ophthalmology studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KipHackman

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m a current TY and would like to get a head start on building my ophthalmology knowledge before starting residency in July. Given that I just had some big expenses for Step 3 and that the BCSC books are beyond my budget right now, I’m looking for 1-2 books or resources to use to build my knowledge base. Are there any good, relatively comprehensive resources that are recommended?

Members don't see this ad.

Free to register

Has everything from webinars on basic concepts to complex cases. So many videos that are pretty amazing in educational value.

Scroll down and you can break your studying down by topic or just go to "what's new" and start from the earliest posted webinar and work your way chronologically to the most recent. Lectures are constantly being added.

Reactions: 1 user
You should ask your program what online resources they have access to. Seeing as how it is your program, they should hopefully be open to it. I know most programs have online access to the BCSC online textbooks

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a Wills Eye Manual and just kind of get familiar with the names of the diseases.

You don't have to do anything ophtho-related during intern year! Learn to be a good physician during intern year; make friends; don't burn out; be ready to learn a lot in PYG2 year. Your program should teach what you need at the beginning of ophtho residency to get you going, and most likely they will assume you know nothing.