Intern year reading

Started by RUcereus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RUcereus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am at a pretty nice TY for PGY1, and could prepare some prior to PGY2. Any upper-levels/attendings have any recommendations on books you would recommend me peruse during my intern year? Obviously I wouldn't be killing it, just wanting to not go in completely useless.

Thanks!
 
I am at a pretty nice TY for PGY1, and could prepare some prior to PGY2. Any upper-levels/attendings have any recommendations on books you would recommend me peruse during my intern year? Obviously I wouldn't be killing it, just wanting to not go in completely useless.

Thanks!

Squire's is super-shallow but a great start for someone who doesn't know anything.

Felson's chest x-ray is also a great read.

Brant and Helms is something many if not most/all residents read, and while it is far more than is expected as baseline knowledge for a new R1, if you can get some of the basics from it then you will have a head start.