Intern year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello,
I was interested in finding out the places that have intern or transitional years. I am applying anesthesia next year and have to do an intern year, that may not be at the same place I do anesthesia. How do I find out which programs have intern years or transitional spots. If it is found of freida, do you know where on freida. There is no box to check for intern year? Do I look at all the internal med programs, and these programs will all have intern spots for people going into anesthesia, rads, whatever?

Members don't see this ad.

If you go to FREIDA one of the boxes you can check off under specialty is "transitional year."

Thanks DOtobe, but how about medicine intern years how do I find out about those? And the ones that accept people going on to other fields after the intern year?

Members don't see this ad :)
MeaCulpa said:
Thanks DOtobe, but how about medicine intern years how do I find out about those? And the ones that accept people going on to other fields after the intern year?

He just told you!

You need to look for internal medicine programs that offer preliminary positions.

To do this on FRIEDA:

Under "choose specialty" select Internal medicine

Under "optional criteria" select offer preliminary positions.

I hope this answers your questions