Internal Medicine Book Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which books are best for Medicine?

• Case Files

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Step Up

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Crush Step 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kochar's Clinical Medicine for Students

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • MKSAP 3

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

keepsmiling10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which books for Medicine are the best for the Shelf, the rotation and eventually that will also help for Step 2. I'm trying to include a poll but I'm still kind of new to this thing.

1. Case Files
2. Step Up to Medicine
3. Crush Step 2
4. Kochar's Clinical Medicine for Students
5. MKSAP for Students 3
6. (You can also add another one if you highly highly recommend it).

Please tell me the BEST ones, as in which ones one can actually read within 2 months along with doing rotations and having somewhat of a life (ha, I know).

Thanks!!

(wait, how do I create the poll?)

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, for the shelf you need a question book and a reference text that focuses on the highlights. MKSAP is a great question source, and Step Up is one of the more complete texts. My only gripe with StepUp is that I don't like reading outlines...unfortunately BluePrints didn't go into enough depth though I like the format a lot.

For Step 2, Crush has the advantage of covering more than just internal medicine topics.

I think in addition to the consensus on Step Up and Mksap, Step 2 Secrets is a great book to stick in your white coat for internal medicine, let alone all rotations, b/c it's a quick overview of everything. And you'll be a step ahead for CK studying as well.

Last edited:
Definitely go with Step Up, IMO. Or, if you think you can't read that much in 2 months, you could try Case Files. I didn't use the IM book, but I loved the others that I have used. If you do go with Step Up, you can find our official SDN running list of errata and updates here.