Internal Medicine Match List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scorpion01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am an IMG who went to school on the Islands. Going for Internal Med.. I am having a hard time with my match list. I am ranking 6 programs. Four are university and two are University Aff. Can you rank them for me. Here they are:

West Virginia University School of Medicine (Univ)
UMDNJ-New Jersey Med-Newark (Univ)
St Louis Univ SOM-MO (Univ)
Albany Med Ctr Hosp-NY (Univ)
Northwestern McGaw/ENH-IL (Uni-Aff)
Exempla St Joseph Hosp-CO (Uni-Aff)

I am looking for a solid program which is strong, friendly and good chance in getting fellowships. I would like to match for GI or Cardio fellowship in the future. Which place do you think would be best for me.

Alex

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck with the match. UMDNJ is the clear cut stronger program. Well respected. Don't know fellowship placement or other specifics but it should be your #1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jamezuva said:
Over Northwestern???? :confused:

I interpreted that as being an affiliate and not the main NW program. If that is the main program then my bad... definitely NW! :cool:

that is the affiliate at evanston. not the main one.

I would say SLU is the best regarded, as it is nationally ranked in a # of Internal Medicine subspecialities. I interviewed at their med school back in 2001 and really liked it; sometimes wish I'd gone there instead of my current school. Plus, Newark is a hellhole, and some of the students I've met from NJMS are not particularly compassionate or patient-centered people to say the least..