Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I'm still an MS3 so I know this is a little premature but I was hoping to get some early feedback on whether or not these Internal Medicine residency programs are realistic to shoot for or if I should aim lower. I still haven't taken step 2 of course and I know that's one of the most important factors but I was hoping just to get a general idea based on my information now.
Preclinical Grades: All passes preclinical (P/F grading system), probably 50th-75th percentile
Clinical Grades: So far, 2 high passes, hoping to get honors for my remaining rotations
Extracurriculars: On board for a few interest groups and a couple social clubs, about to start volunteering 1-2 times a month with Habitat for Humanity, good amount of volunteering in undergrad
Research: 1 poster presentation in Psych, pretty confident I'll have 1-2 IM poster presentations by the time I apply
Prestige: I go to a east coast USMD school ranked around 100-110, originally from midwest
Taking all of this information into account and assuming I am able to get 1 or 2 honors before the year ends along with a couple more poster presentations, how well do I have to do on Step 2 to be competetive for this list? Are there any programs listed that are out of my league even with a 260+ step 2 score?
Reach: NYU, Icahn Mount Sinai, Uchicago
Target: UPMC, Ohio State, University of Miami, Boston University, Rush, Thomas Jefferson, University of Iowa, University of Cincinatti,
Baseline target: Tufts, Indiana University, University of Illinois Chicago, Loyola University Chicago
Preclinical Grades: All passes preclinical (P/F grading system), probably 50th-75th percentile
Clinical Grades: So far, 2 high passes, hoping to get honors for my remaining rotations
Extracurriculars: On board for a few interest groups and a couple social clubs, about to start volunteering 1-2 times a month with Habitat for Humanity, good amount of volunteering in undergrad
Research: 1 poster presentation in Psych, pretty confident I'll have 1-2 IM poster presentations by the time I apply
Prestige: I go to a east coast USMD school ranked around 100-110, originally from midwest
Taking all of this information into account and assuming I am able to get 1 or 2 honors before the year ends along with a couple more poster presentations, how well do I have to do on Step 2 to be competetive for this list? Are there any programs listed that are out of my league even with a 260+ step 2 score?
Reach: NYU, Icahn Mount Sinai, Uchicago
Target: UPMC, Ohio State, University of Miami, Boston University, Rush, Thomas Jefferson, University of Iowa, University of Cincinatti,
Baseline target: Tufts, Indiana University, University of Illinois Chicago, Loyola University Chicago