International Applicant to MSTP's

Started by Deepak_nc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Deepak_nc

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did my undergard work here in the US at UNC, and am currently a grad student at the same school and will have a masters degree by the time i start med school. But i am not a citizen, does anyone know of any limitations or restrictions this would have on me being accepted to an MSTP?
I will have a couple publications by the time I get to that point, have one already (2nd author). My GPA is ok=3.9 and I have a 30 on the MCAT's( will prob take it again in april).
But I guess my main question is about the residecy status. Since most MSTP's have extensive NIH finding, would they be hesitant in accepting a non- citizen?
Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]
Thanks
 
I think there is some information for international students on
www.intransit.us

Also if you do a search on SDN there have been past threads on this. Check your PM I'll try to see if I can attach a small document I compiled about international students applying to MD/PhD programs.

All the best. Your stats and background appear great!
 
Originally posted by Deepak_nc
any limitations or restrictions this would have on me being accepted to an MSTP?

the short answer is yes, check the individual programs you want to go to.