International dentists-Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nps

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
when do boston univ/ny univ. etc.. call advanced standing applicants for an interview?international dentists..any idea about this?does the interview process go on till feb/march etc or is it over by december?

Members don't see this ad.

BU has a first come first based interviews, NYU calls for interviews bet march & april

Hi,
Thanks for the reply..BTW do u know when approximately the spots get filled up in boston univ.?are they done by the end of jan or do they go on till march/april?

Members don't see this ad :)
Boston - It goes on till the end of march or so as they also plan to accommodate the dec batch , but from what I hear they accept a lot of canidates by dec itself . Moreover they have a rolling admission process so if u havent applied already do it ASAP !

Thankyou for the reply..I have applied to BU and am waiting for an interview call from them..

well,I too heard that most of the spots at BU get filled in by dec itself..so, was just wondering whether I have chances of getting an interview call from them in Jan or so..or whether they fill up 100% of the spots before that.

Iam sure you do have a chance. I think it depends more on the dec pool of applicants. Dont loose heart.....Apply to all the other schools too....If you want to know abt any particular school or deadline feel free to ask me . Good luck !

Thankyou very much..I'll do that..

please i want to know a bout the advance standing program on the united state ive been her for a year and i realy want to know what to do for getting the licence can you help me with that.

Hi,
If U are an International dentist,U need to do the NDB 1 and TOEFL to be elligible to start applying to schools here,I would suggest that U call and enquire about the requirements in your school of preference,as some may ask for NDB 2 and TSE as well.once u meet the eligiblity requirements ,u can call for & submit application forms & if u meet their requirements they may call u for a tech.exam/interview..if u get selected u can go on to do DDS/DMD..this should enable you for a license.U would want to see the individual school web sites for better and clear information,U may also want to call the ADA for better information.
Good Luck!!!

Joseph,
For the web site of all the schools in US , try <a href="http://www.aads.jhu.edu/links.html" target="_blank">http://www.aads.jhu.edu/links.html</a>
It also includes schools that dont offer advance standing program.
I suggest you go thru all of them . You'll get a good idea of their pre-requisites etc.

sometime soon..I guess and hope!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
nps,
They have the interviews till march so that's not a problem.
Which other schools have you applied to ?

all schools in the east coast & thinkin' abt.. uop..what abt.. u?

I've applied to almost all the schools that offer advance standing program except the ones that offer 3yr programs & ones that req GRE.

Perplexed,

I am wondering if you can kindly point me to some summery page of dental schools that offer advanced standing program. I have found several but wonder if missed some...

Thanks
wirelix

To know more about advance standing you really have to go to the web sites of schools that offer such program <a href="http://www.aads.jhu.edu/links.html," target="_blank">http://www.aads.jhu.edu/links.html,</a>
For a very brief outlook you can look into <a href="http://www.dentalsite.cjb.net/" target="_blank">http://www.dentalsite.cjb.net/</a>

You can also contact ADA & ask them to send you a booklet called " Information on education & lincensure". Also look into their web site <a href="http://www.ada.org" target="_blank">www.ada.org</a>
Hope this helps !

I would like know more about interview in Philadelphia, of course for advanced standing program.
Thanks

Perplexed,

Thanks a lot for your timely reply. I scanned through the individual websites and found several more :) . Can you also give some comments on the difficulty of the mission? or what is the key part of that? I think there will be no much problem about my original GPA or NBDE1 score (though I have not taken it yet). However English is sort of haunting me :&lt; ...

//bow

Lina,
You 've got to be more specific ! R u talking abt UPENN ? If so, you'll be interviewing with 3 different ppl. They also have a LONG orientation, very detailed & informative.

Wirelix,
Toefl is important, Try to get hold of Barons guide or just some book to prepare for it. Also get used to CNN :) , It'll help you understand their accent better . Its really easy .. You just need to prepare yourself for it. Go thru the mock exams in the guide & listen to the audio.
Good luck !

Perplexed,

Just went through several previous posts and seems that you are entering next summer. Good luck!

I am preparing for the NBDE of next July. Hopefully it will work out...As a graduate student for biomedical, it is bit tough 'cause a lot of lab work at the same time...r u also majoring in biomedical now?

Wirelix ,
If u are studying here (US) then TOEFL should be a cake walk for you.
Yes , Iam planning to join school next year. Right now Iam just going thru the painful interview process :)
You have have enough time to prepare for NDB 1, It can be diffcult when combined with studies & lab work eh !Stay focused & good luck !

Perplexed,

I have a interview at University of Pennsylvania. Also I would like know what kinds of questions are coming on interview.
Thanks

At UPENN, they just have a laid-back interview , they'll ask u abt your background, schooling , interests etc . Take all your orginals ( paper work) with you.

Perplexed,
Have you already got the interviews in some other schools, and what were your experiences from those interview?
Thanks

Hi Lina,
Yes , I've been to a couple of interviews, they were really cool , In my opinion, UPENN 's interviews are much more thorough than the others,,,,,, they really wanna get to "know" you, BU has almost a namesake interview ...they dont go into details ...they'll take u around the campus , Upenn doesn't have much to show u :) unless you enjoy seening the pipes & the basement & the narrow corridors , Frankly I cant remember seening their SLC or anything like that ....Iam thinking really hard here..but I cant remember seeing it ( ah ! well, its been a while ). But their reputation covers for all that's missing .... Very nice,polite & helpful faculty.
Anyways, BU's SLC is really good , its all high tech. I found Boston( traffic) to be lil bit congested thou ! They are also extremely helpful & friendly.
USC again has a courtesy-sake interview ,... all they look into is your practical work/exam. They have excellent facilities/SLC, I personally think it was better than BU..... But I can't say much abt the Faculty there.It was more like " We dont really care abt you,you know " kinda attitude. :) . Good building, nice place, research oriented etc etc
I'll be going to UOP shortly , lets see how that goes ...
Good luck with your interviews !

Hi Perplexed,
first I would like to thank you because of answering my question, and also know some more specific questions which are coming on interviews in UPenn and UB, if you can remember.
Thanks

Lina, If this is your first interview you might want to go thru some books/ casettes abt interviewing & interveiw skills.
Well! for specific questions!!!!! you should basically be prepared for questions abt your school/college, (the kind of work you did, any awards you received), your future plans, your interests, (academic and otherwise ), abt your family, any particular experience that you had during BDS that you remember etc
The questions are easy to answer, no trick questions ! The more I talk to you abt this the more tense you are going to get .. so let me not go on .....
Just be yourself ,it'll be a friendly atmosphere .