Aug 1, 2016
Hey all,

I'll be graduating from a DPT course in sydney in July of 2017. I'm planning on making the move to the states ASAP upon completion. I've started researching the process and finding all the information a bit confusing. I'm not sure what comes first... the FCCPT credential review to be able to sit the test, the state application, the visa application or do i try to find an employer?

Any tips on the best places to find info? or does anyone have a good break down of the process?

Thanks :)
Dec 11, 2013
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
My last affiliation was at an SNF setting that employed multiple foreign physical therapists (same nation). They all came to the US through staffing agencies and work under H1 visas. What they told me was that unless you have a DPT degree, you do not qualify for a green card (section A). My understanding is that in order to get the H1 you need to have an employer to sponsor you. Also, I believe there are special circumstances that makes the process easier for Australian citizens. Best of luck!
  • Like
Reactions: AussieDPT