International DPT students/practitioners

Started by dakay001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dakay001

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey all,

I'll be graduating in September 2017 and was hoping to get some info on what to expect regarding my visa status post graduation from my DPT program. I've read about the possibility of getting a green card through Section A and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the whole process whether it's for green card or an H-1. Thank you.
 
"green card through section A": can you give more details? I deal with USCIS a fair bit as a volunteer at a non-profit, but have never heard of "section A".
 
hey all,

I'll be graduating in September 2017 and was hoping to get some info on what to expect regarding my visa status post graduation from my DPT program. I've read about the possibility of getting a green card through Schedule A and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the whole process whether it's for green card or an H-1. Thank you.
Also international, also curious how the Section A process works. My understanding is that your employer doesn't have to go through PERM because there's already a shortage of US practitioners. I wonder how difficult it is to find an employer willing to file for a green card immediately, since instructions say you don't even need to pass your boards to file, just "qualify" for them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad