International Internship

Started by Eah Hae
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eah Hae

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone done their rotations in Western countries (Europe, Australia, New Zealand)? Have you got any different experiences there compared to the clinics in the US?
 
I have actually completed my Physical Therapy education in the Netherlands. I've done 2 internships there, one in a private practice and a second one in a hospital. I enjoyed the private practice a lot because my supervisors were very helpful while the supervisor that I had in the hospital was pretty rude. The language was a barrier often since I don't speak Dutch. However English is spoken by so many in the Netherlands that you will definitely get patients who click with you.
I don't have any experience in the US so I could not compare, sorry. I would recommend doing a rotation in another country just for the challenge and uncertainty of it!