International License?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flipz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

So a friend of my mother's is moving to the United States from China. There, she is a licensed nurse, and she would like to go continue that line of work here in the States. What's the best way to go about doing such a thing?? I have really no idea where to begin to help her, but alas, SDN is always here! :)

She'd like to go straight into a licensing exam if possible, okay English proficiency. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Check Allnurses.com. They have lots of info on foreign trained nurses. She will need to take TOEFL (English Proficiency) and take the apply to take NCLEX in the state she is moving to. You might start with contacting the Board of Nursing for application and info.
:D

allnurses.com cannot stand foreign trained nurses and they make no bones about it, even tell them to stay put, they're better off in their own country. I have worked with nurses from Australia, England, Scotland and Nigeria and I found them to be competent, delightful co-workers. allnurses.com is no friend to nurses. They make us look bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
U really hate that place hey all nurses ?

Yeah.

The owner does not follow the rules. Reads members private messages and the list goes on. No ethics, only thought money :rolleyes: