International PharmD program at Nova Southeastern University--2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rasberry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Please join here whoever has applied or interested of joining Nova Southeastern University International Program for the class starting in August, 2010. Please share your academic stats, on campus/off campus housing and whether moving with in state or out of state. Once we form this online group then we will talk about the interviews and the selection process.
For now the things we can share things such as;
B-Pharm- CGPA
Toefl score
Pcat score........if given although not required but recommended.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hey we are in the same boat , did u applied for nova international pharm d
when did u applied? ,what is your status?,from which state are you?
me i have a GPA 3.9 i have given my TOEFL recently ,
when is the last date?
did get ur transcripts evaluated ?

Yes I did. I am from NJ. As per the NSU website, last date to apply is feb1 but the documents can reach by march 1st. Yes, I had my transcripts evaluated and have forwarded all the required docs to NSU.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh that's great !
from where did u graduated ? and which year?
are you born in US?
is it ok if we submit 2 evaluation reports
how much is your TOEFL score?
did you gave any other tests like PCAT OR GRE ? if so what is your score?

Why you want to submit two evaluation reports when only one is needed?
I graduated in 2005 from University of Punjab, Pakistan. ToEFL score is 110.
No, i did not give PCAT or GRE

Three letters of recommendation/ evaluation are required. One should be from the dean/ director of a pharmacy program. In addition, a letter of reference from a registered pharmacist is recommended. Forms for letters of evaluation are available on our Web site or by contacting the Office of Admissions.

read it carefully .because we don't want them to turn back our application on a small reason like this!

Oh I thought you were talking abt the credential evaluation report. I know this

so how many of the reference letters or evaluation did you submitted.

I have sent three letters of recommendation and 1 letter of reference from a registered pharmacist. when did you submit your application?

I have sent three letters of recommendation and 1 letter of reference from a registered pharmacist. when did you submit your application?

did you gave letter of reference from pharmacist,who is from US or from your native country.
i did not submitted my application yet .
i am stuck with the reference letters,will you please help me out.
till now i was able to get one from our college dean and still 2 letters of references are pending.
i just want to ask you is it ok if we get the reference letter from pharmacist of our own native country.

Last edited:
I have submitted LOR from a US registered Pharmacist
On the NSU website, its mentioned to have LOR from a Registered Pharmacist. It is recommended and not required. The other 2 letters of recommendations you can get it from anyone you want and one from the dean which you already have.
Time is running out. Makesure to submit your application at your earliest convenience.

hey
i finally submitted the application online and i am also done with my letters of recommendation. now its time to wait for a call .hope every thing goes well .
do you know any one studying this course at NSU ?
if you know then ask them how competitive to get the seat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a guy who graduated from this international Pharm program. He told me that there is only one class of 30 ppl for this program every year and usually 400 candidates apply for that.

I know a guy who graduated from this international Pharm program. He told me that there is only one class of 30 ppl for this program every year and usually 400 candidates apply for that. Have you given PCAT?

ok! so it is very competitive
let us see what are the chances of gettting in.
no i did not gave PCAT - do they require?
do you know on what bases the candidates are pooled out? i mean on what bases they select the candidates ?

No. PCAT is recommended but not required. The same guy who went to NOVA gave me the advice to be yourself and real. Don't try to overproject yourself that you are going to help needy and such B/S.

hey I heard tht nova started calling for interview n 2-3 students got admission???????/is tht true?????

I didnt know any one being called up for interview. How sure you are about people who did receive interview letters from Nova?

I think they will call for interview after march or mid of march because the documents of all the applicants should be reached by march1 then they will sought out the eligible candidates and call for the interview probably last week of march and April 1st week this is for international pharm.d but for other program's of pharmacy like regular pharm.d the early admission is considered so i think they have got it. Any ways people we have time so just relax .

Last edited:
hey few of them already got rejection letters.........they r just doing randomly......

if ur file is ready then they ll start reviewing tht........

How do you know they they started sending rejection letters. Can you say that for sure?

yea thts why posting otherwise how come i knw........one of my friend got the letter.......u knw how many seats available for IPBP western university, CA program have for internation students>????????

When did your friend apply to Nova?
Can you please share your friends credentials here
Bpharm CGPA-?
Toefl score?
Pcat if taken?
Any other degree/
Work Experience?

toefl 90
gpa 3.92
continuing masters
3 LOR

so sad! what was the reason for rejection ,they might have send letter stating the reason .
when did your friend applied ? and
what about your status?

havent mention any reasons.......just best luck n try next year-......havent heard for me......

when did he applied?
did he get the call for interview and then got rejected!
or after evaluation of the application .

no just got rejection by regular post......applied on oct 2009

hey how abt u? u applied to just nova??????? n when u applied......did u hear anything frm ur fds or fds who is already is in NOVA?

and when did you applied?
and for western university seats are filled up only 30 students are selected every year.

i want to play safe so i applied to other universities too
and i also took PCAT waiting for results.
what about you?
how much is your GPA
toefl score?
did you took any exams like GRE OR PCAT?

okay so where u applied apart frm nova....mine is average in all....not good tht much,,,,,,,,

hey your friend have the right to ask university admission office the reason for his application rejection? and improve next time when he applies .
did he did that!

did you gave GRE or PCAT?
did you applied for any other universities? if so what are they?
and where are you from?
where did you graduated from and which year?

yea to western n USN, nevada,.......he is no more interseted n none of the universities says to u tht why they rejected u---so useless....yea i m internation students so obvious i have GRE but not good....how abt u? where u applied?

i have applied to temple ,thomas jefferson, nova, regis ,minnesota.
what about you?
where are you from?
where did you graduated from and which year?
where did you applied other than NOVA.

hey guys,,, i just got an interview call from NOVA..... .. any of u got interviewd?? if yes then please share your experience here.....

Hey what were your stats? What exactly were the details that they ask you? do you know anyone else getting call? Please post about the interview details. Thanks.

hey guys,,, i just got an interview call from NOVA..... .. any of u got interviewd?? if yes then please share your experience here.....
Hi pharma 87,

I got the interview call from nova already. My interview is Feb 25. When is yours?

Hi pharma 87,

I got the interview call from nova already. My interview is Feb 25. When is yours?

hey chinh912,

mine is on 29th march... all d best for ur interview..... keep posting ur details..thenx.....

hey chinh912 and pharma87,

please post your interview experiences so it would help us out .
type of questions and whole interview experience.

please do post ,
thank you.

hey pharma87,

how is the preparation for interview.
did you got any feed back about people who already attended the interview?

hey pharma87,

how is the preparation for interview.
did you got any feed back about people who already attended the interview?

prep is gng okay.. just never got any reply who already had an interview... plz guys.. do post ur experience....thank you...

hi pharma 87

can you please share the following things if you dont mind;
B-Pharm- CGPA
Toefl score

hi pharma 87

can you please share the following things if you dont mind;
B-Pharm- CGPA
Toefl score

yaa.. my B.pharm GPA- 3.5
TOEFL- 106
PCAT- nt given

Thanks Pharma 87
Besides this if you have any pharmacy work experience back home or here such as pharmacy intern or any related experience in the field if you can share.

Thanks

My interview lasted about 15 minutes. Two professors interviewed me. They are very friendly. They asked about my personal characteristics. How is ur preparation?
Good luck.