1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

International Programs winter 2012 for pre-vet students

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by animallover9109, Aug 11, 2011.

1. animallover9109

Pre-Veterinary
    im looking to make use of my winter break (Dec26-Jan20) and gain hands on veterinary experience. i have been looking into international programs (worldvets) but am having difficulty finding a program open during the time slot i have available. does anyone know of any other international programs that offer winter sessions? or large animal veterinary experience open to out of state students? thank you. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. twelvetigers

twelvetigers no wake up time. sleepy time.
    Veterinarian 10+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Check out VIDA - vidavolunteertravel.org. THey may have space in a trip. Otherwise, there's RAVS - those are within the US and fill up pretty quickly.

4. Minnerbelle

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Not sure this is something you might be interested in, but have you thought about maybe coming up with a form letter/cover letter to blast out to a bunch of LA vets throughout the country to see if they'll let you ride along and shadow and perhaps even help them? The money you would have spent on international airfare should more than cover a cheap domestic flight (if you start searching early enough) and temporary housing for <1 month.