International Programs winter 2012 for pre-vet students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

animallover9109

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
im looking to make use of my winter break (Dec26-Jan20) and gain hands on veterinary experience. i have been looking into international programs (worldvets) but am having difficulty finding a program open during the time slot i have available. does anyone know of any other international programs that offer winter sessions? or large animal veterinary experience open to out of state students? thank you. :)

Members don't see this ad.

im looking to make use of my winter break (Dec26-Jan20) and gain hands on veterinary experience. i have been looking into international programs (worldvets) but am having difficulty finding a program open during the time slot i have available. does anyone know of any other international programs that offer winter sessions? or large animal veterinary experience open to out of state students? thank you. :)

Not sure this is something you might be interested in, but have you thought about maybe coming up with a form letter/cover letter to blast out to a bunch of LA vets throughout the country to see if they'll let you ride along and shadow and perhaps even help them? The money you would have spent on international airfare should more than cover a cheap domestic flight (if you start searching early enough) and temporary housing for <1 month.