International Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phe0chroma

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all - I'm interested in doing an international rotation to escape to somewhere new at the end of 4th year. My school has a few partnerships; however, most are in mainly spanish speaking countries where they have made it clear it would be difficult for me as a non-spanish speaker. Any suggestions? I speak hebrew and english. I've been to israel a million times but would consider doing a rotation there if people had good experiences. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all - I'm interested in doing an international rotation to escape to somewhere new at the end of 4th year. My school has a few partnerships; however, most are in mainly spanish speaking countries where they have made it clear it would be difficult for me as a non-spanish speaker. Any suggestions? I speak hebrew and english. I've been to israel a million times but would consider doing a rotation there if people had good experiences. Thanks!

I'm not sure if you are looking for a specific country, or just anywhere in general. I've been through a few rotation agencies at this point, and have some words of caution if you are planning on doing any in the U.S. I've had issues with claims of having open spots, but they didn't really exist. I've also had issues with excessive charges, last minute changes, and a lot more. If you want more info on my experiences just let me know.

I'm not sure if you are looking for a specific country, or just anywhere in general. I've been through a few rotation agencies at this point, and have some words of caution if you are planning on doing any in the U.S. I've had issues with claims of having open spots, but they didn't really exist. I've also had issues with excessive charges, last minute changes, and a lot more. If you want more info on my experiences just let me know.
yes that would be great! please PM any info you have. I was thinking outside of the US with English as the primary language but am open to just about anything right now

Members don't see this ad :)
yes that would be great! please PM any info you have. I was thinking outside of the US with English as the primary language but am open to just about anything right now
If you are from outside the Us, then it’s probably inevitable you will need to use a third party agency (unfortunately).

If you do have any contacts, I’d recommend that, but cold-calling hospitals is not the most efficient option usually. Actually, to save some time here’s a post about the concerns and how to protect yourself Using Medical Rotation Agencies for Externships | FreeMedEd

If you still have any questions or would like more info let me know.

Germany is nice these days, I heard. Particularly, the city of Chemnitz. Check it out.