Quantcast

International student looking for private loans for dent school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bum1025

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello, I am an international student attending dental school in California. I was able to pay my tuition in full for my first year but I have to find a way to pay for my second year. I am not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident so I am not qualified for any government grad loans. I am looking into private loans but I just have no idea where to start. I would love to get any advice from you guys on where to start and how to go about this??

Thank you very much y'all for help!

frozenicecreamDMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
for private educational loan, you need a cosigner who is a American permanent resident /citizen with good credit score and some collateral assets.

As far as I believe, you cannot do this without a cosigner.

Reactions: 1 user
D

deleted571579

Hello, I am an international student attending dental school in California. I was able to pay my tuition in full for my first year but I have to find a way to pay for my second year. I am not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident so I am not qualified for any government grad loans. I am looking into private loans but I just have no idea where to start. I would love to get any advice from you guys on where to start and how to go about this??

Thank you very much y'all for help!

Can you get a loan from your country of citizenship?