International student looking for private loans for dent school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bum1025

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am an international student attending dental school in California. I was able to pay my tuition in full for my first year but I have to find a way to pay for my second year. I am not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident so I am not qualified for any government grad loans. I am looking into private loans but I just have no idea where to start. I would love to get any advice from you guys on where to start and how to go about this??

Thank you very much y'all for help!

Members don't see this ad.

for private educational loan, you need a cosigner who is a American permanent resident /citizen with good credit score and some collateral assets.

As far as I believe, you cannot do this without a cosigner.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I am an international student attending dental school in California. I was able to pay my tuition in full for my first year but I have to find a way to pay for my second year. I am not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident so I am not qualified for any government grad loans. I am looking into private loans but I just have no idea where to start. I would love to get any advice from you guys on where to start and how to go about this??

Thank you very much y'all for help!

Can you get a loan from your country of citizenship?