International Student....Texas ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

50fenil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i just joined SDN. its pretty much informative and really helpful site. I have some questions to ask you all. As an international student, am i eligible for Phrm.D program in texas ? ( UH, UT, Tech ). are there any intl students who got into these colleges of pharmacy ?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on your visa and your school of choice. It's not a matter of opinion so asking the school directly will render the most good. We can only speculate.

Depends on your visa and your school of choice. It's not a matter of opinion so asking the school directly will render the most good. We can only speculate.

so u got accepted in pharm school ?

Members don't see this ad :)
so u got accepted in pharm school ?
I'm not an international student, though. I just got my citizenship preceded by 5 years of green card. My understanding is, when you come as an international student, you've had to declare your intent of field of study as well as university you wish to attend. Besides, aren't all international students transfers from a higher ed institution elsewhere?

Hey guys, i just joined SDN. its pretty much informative and really helpful site. I have some questions to ask you all. As an international student, am i eligible for Phrm.D program in texas ? ( UH, UT, Tech ). are there any intl students who got into these colleges of pharmacy ?

There's no easy way in. You will have to complete your pre-reqs and take the PCAT. You may get some exemptions if you have taken comparable courses in an accredited college outside the US. From what I have heard, UH and Texas Tech are pretty international student-friendly.

I am an international student in Iowa, did everything got a 91 Pcat, 3.9 gpa, went through two interviews at two school in Iowa. they didn't accept me. one of the school I applied is a private institute, fairly international-friend but very hard to get in since they're 0-6 program. Trying again next year