International student

Started by lixx0843
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

As long as that studEnt has the proper documentation to work in the United States and is proficient in English, I don't see why not....
 
hey.

I worked while in school. Applied for economic hardship. I highly recommend you work while in school. Let me know if i can help in any way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The one way you can work is if you become eligible to CPT (Curriculum Practical Training). You need to check in with the international office for the required documentation. I think it lets you work full time in the summer and part time during the semester.
 
Only three options are there:
1. Your school can hire you for office work or some cognitive skills in any departments (on campus job is ok . limit is 20 hours during school semester and full time in summer if you are not full time load)
2. You can get CPT. For this the work should give you some credits that can be applied towards your graduation. I would love CPT to have.
3. You can get Employment Authorization Card based on financial hardship. For this you are to show the evidence too.