international students...financial help

Started by shanepark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shanepark

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if there are any international students that have been accepted to optometry school this fall. If so, I was wondering how did you guys go about the private loan process. I know the major companies require you to have a co-signer that is a US resident or citizen so I was wondering if there is a way to get a loan w/o a co-signer for international students. Thanks in advance!!!
 
International students can get only private loans which they need a co-signer...
there is this one private loan that i know, that doesnot need a co-signer, however, there are some requirements that need to be met in order to get approved... like good credit, etc... you can give it a try..
It is : The Access group. www.accessgroup.org 1-800-282-1550...
Also check with University of Houston.. I think they might have some kind of a loan program for international students..
good luck =)