International students requesting help!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Asclepius88

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm currently an international student planning on going to med school. My current GPA is 3.6, MCAT 33 and i have done approximately 150hrs of community service and shadowing. Do you think that as an international student i have a chance of getting accepted into med school.

Please help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard, but not impossible. You'll need to be better than the average applicant and the schools will expect you to tell them how you are going to pay through med school since you probably wont be eligible for financial aid.

I applied last year as an international student and only got into 2 schools. Check out the MSAR and each individual school's website re: policy on international student admission (not that many schools will take internationals), apply early and broadly.

Good luck!

Hi Guys,
I'm currently an international student planning on going to med school. My current GPA is 3.6, MCAT 33 and i have done approximately 150hrs of community service and shadowing. Do you think that as an international student i have a chance of getting accepted into med school.

Please help!!!

yes, absolutely. apply early, to internationally-friendly schools, and may be try to get a green card. but you have a good chance:D

someone has mentioned this before on another thread (anyone have the link?), but do lots of research to get into a top 20 school.