Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've done lots of searching, checked bananaface's very helpful threads and posts, and I still can't find what I'm looking for. Here's my situation:
I have been accepted (finally!) into the UC-Denver PharmD program starting Fall 2009. I'm moving from Canada to Denver over the summer. I know I need to show proof of $$$ and get a F1 or J1 visa. I am currently negotiating for these funds from a bank here in Canada, and getting the funds should not be a problem. Also, I do not qualify for FAFSA because I'm not a US citizen/permanent resident and Canadian student loans don't come close to covering tuition. However, I would not like to be straddled with 100K of debt when I graduate in 2013, and it will likely be well over 100K with the exchange rate. My question is: Is there any programs you know of, either in CO or elsewhere, that will help finance my education with the promise of X years working for them? Retail or hospital does not matter, and I'm willing to try other fields. I don't intend to work for at least my 1st year of school, though I do plan on working through the summers. I also don't expect any help for the 1st year costs as I will be establishing myself in CO shortly before school starts. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated! Thanks for your help.🙂
I have been accepted (finally!) into the UC-Denver PharmD program starting Fall 2009. I'm moving from Canada to Denver over the summer. I know I need to show proof of $$$ and get a F1 or J1 visa. I am currently negotiating for these funds from a bank here in Canada, and getting the funds should not be a problem. Also, I do not qualify for FAFSA because I'm not a US citizen/permanent resident and Canadian student loans don't come close to covering tuition. However, I would not like to be straddled with 100K of debt when I graduate in 2013, and it will likely be well over 100K with the exchange rate. My question is: Is there any programs you know of, either in CO or elsewhere, that will help finance my education with the promise of X years working for them? Retail or hospital does not matter, and I'm willing to try other fields. I don't intend to work for at least my 1st year of school, though I do plan on working through the summers. I also don't expect any help for the 1st year costs as I will be establishing myself in CO shortly before school starts. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated! Thanks for your help.🙂
, but there are several programs here in Canada that will subsidize a portion of your educational costs (upwards of $15K/year) if you're willing to sign up with them for ~2 years. Other organizations will in fact buy you out of those programs at the end of your 4th year if you sign up with them. I just don't necessarily want to come back to Canada after my schooling. Since CU-Denver is willing to train me, I owe it to them and the community to give back for supporting me.